Black Girl Con: DigiTech Retreat 2019!Friday 15th-Saturday 16th March 2019
Applications now closed
Deadline 28th February 2019
- Are you an entrepreneur, creative or an aspiring influencer looking to improve your digital profile?
- Are you returning to work after a career break? Or simply looking for a career change?
- Are you a ride or die techie looking for a network?
- Are you a workshop facilitator looking to share your digital / tech skills?
Black Girl Con: DigiTech Retreat is perfect for you!
Black Girl Convention is movement to ensure that ALL womxn* of African and Caribbean heritage have a sense of home, by sharing, shaping and owning the ‘Black Girl Experience’.
Our DigiTech Retreat is a unique opportunity to explore the vast world of digital and technology in a purposeful space surrounded by like-minded black womxn.
*those identifying as women or non-binary
What will I gain from attending?
- Develop your digital / tech skills
- Exploring potential/possible career options/paths in the digital / tech world
- Build networks with existing womxn in digital / tech sector
- Experience how using technology can improve your wellbeing
- Have an adventure, with great food, in a beautiful location!
Quote from a participant at our 2018 main Black Girl Convention event:
“Amazing atmosphere, everyone I spoke to said it was brilliant and I learnt a lot. I’d never done tech workshops before, so it really inspired me to learn more.”
Applications now closed
Closing date for applications Thursday 28th February 2018, midday
Successful applicants will be notified by Tuesday 5th March
Friday 15th March-Saturday 16th March
Post Retreat Meet Up: 15 April 2019
Who should apply?
The programme is open to self-identifying black womxn of African & Caribbean Heritage aged 18+ based in the West of England
This is a positive action programme inline with the Equalities Act 2010
FAQsWhere is the residential retreat?
The residential takes place on the outskirts of Bristol in a quiet, rural location. Full details will be shared with successful applicants.
What will the retreat involve?
The programme will include workshops, panel discussions, group talks, wellbeing and creative free time.
All sessions will be facilitated by digital tech creative industry professionals, experienced wellbeing facilitators and life coaches.
What will it cost me?
Taking part in the programme is FREE to you, thanks to support from our funders and partners.
Are travel costs covered? Travel to and from the residential retreat is NOT included. However, group transport from central Bristol can be arranged for a small fee of approx £10.